The Master Class on Biologicals is taking place in San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Spain, from 3 – 4 May 2019. It is organised by the EAACI Working Group on Biologicals within the Basic & Clinical Immunology Section.
The Master Class aims to improve the understanding of when and how to prescribe biologicals in the context of atopic and/or autoimmune diseases, in addition to fostering basic knowledge on the individual mechanism of action. Specifically, the audience will:
- understand the immunological mechanisms leading to clinical improvement;
- learn state of the art application of biologicals in the context of atopic and/or autoimmune diseases;
- gain insights on adverse events and hypersensitivity reactions caused by biologicals together;
- be updated on desensitization strategies;
- develop knowledge on evidence and recommendations on the usage and safety of biologicals in different age groups (from pregnancy and childhood to senescence); and
- learn to approach off-label treatment attempts, benefiting patients in a safe way and in line with existing laws.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- An improved understanding of the immunological mechanisms that are responsible for the clinical symptoms in atopic diseases, allowing moving towards a more personalized medicine for the benefit of the patient.
- Raised awareness about the potential side effects and hypersensitivity reactions that can occur when biologicals are applied. Knowledge of these events will assure better management and increase safety.
- Increased confidence and knowledge on how to use biologicals in groups (such as pregnant women, children, and the elderly) that are challenging to treat due to restricted evidence.
- Clinicians of all subspecialties from centers that frequently use biologicals in clinical practice or are planning to do so in the future.
- Allergists and Immunologists consulted on the management of adverse events to biologicals.
- Dermatologists, Pediatricians, Gastroenterologists, Rheumatologists, Pulmonologists and Basic Researchers with a higher level of professional experience that would like to enhance and exchange current knowledge on biologicals.
We look forward to welcoming you in San Lorenzo El Escorial!
Oscar Palomares Gracia
Local Organising Chair
EAACI Working Group on Biologicals Section Chair
EAACI Working Group on Biologicals Secretary
EAACI Basic & Clinical Immunology Section Secretary
EAACI Basic & Clinical Immunology Section