12th EAACI/UEMS Examination in Allergology and Clinical Immunology
Application is closed on 21 April 2019 at 23:59 CET.
Scope of the EAACI examination:
Following the initiative of UEMS to standardise the training curriculum of allergologists/clinical immunologists in Europe (Allergy 59:579-588, 2004), the EAACI Knowledge Exam aims to further improve the standards of our specialty by providing a European exam in allergology and clinical immunology.
The EAACI Knowledge Exam:
- Helps to harmonise the educational level of allergology and clinical immunology throughout Europe
- Gives an input for the standardisation of the professional examinations for specialisation in allergology and clinical immunology among European national societies
- Helps societies by providing a regular written exam, at a consistent international level
- Identifies those colleagues able to fulfil the standards of knowledge for a continuous professional development
Admission to the examination:
The EAACI examination is open to EAACI members and non-members.
Click here to become an EAACI member, as you will save substantial costs.
Types of examination:
All exam questions are in English.
- EAACI Knowledge Exam
- EAACI Pediatric Exam
Terms & Conditions:
- The candidates have to specify in their application which exam they are applying for (EAACI Knowledge Exam or Pediatric Exam)
- The questions are carefully formulated and reviewed by an international board of experts in allergology and clinical immunology, together with a specialised, professional institution (Institute of Medical Education or IML, University of Bern, Switzerland), which also supervises the evaluation of the examination.
- A minor part of the exam is designed using so-called Script Concordance Test (SCT) questions.
- The background of required knowledge is based on the currently existing modern textbooks, preferably but not exclusively in English. Furthermore, a list of recent publications related to the possible questions is provided. The exam does not contain a practical section.
Terms of Cancellation:
Cancellation of registration: Notification of cancellation must be sent in writing to EAACI at email@example.com. Cancellations received up to 11 May 2019 will be refunded (minus EUR 50 cancellation fee). After 11 May 2019, no refunds will be made.
Costs of the EAACI Knowledge Exam:
It is EAACI’s intention to make the exam as accessible as possible for all candidates. For this reason EAACI has been able to reduce the exam fee. Please find the table of exam fees below.
In addition, UEMS has agreed to support eligible candidates with a further reduction. Applications can be submitted together with the regular exam application. In order to be eligible for UEMS support, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
The candidate for UEMS support should:
- Be in training to become a medical specialist / or recently have been accredited as specialist (< 5 years)
- Intend to work as an allergist (not necessarily from a country where an official allergy speciality exists)
- Adhere to the core curriculum in their training programme
- Be willing to attend the UEMS Section & Board meeting at the EAACI Annual Congress, taking place after the exam, to give a short insight into their future plans.
|With approved UEMS support
* Candidates from countries with GNP of less than USD 10,000 according to the World Bank Report.
Evaluation of the EAACI Knowledge Exam:
The examination is evaluated by IML (Institute for Medical Teaching, IML, Bern, Switzerland). Information about the achieved points is provided within 4 weeks after the exam. A certificate is provided if the exam is passed successfully.
Prepare for the exam:
Literature: When you are preparing for your exam we recommend a range of literature, please see exam resources.
Self-assessment: You can practice with the online self-assessment module. This represents a shorter version of how the exam is structured. Please register for the self-assessment tool, select the EAACI-UEMS Exam and start practicing.
Practice now (in German)
Practice now (in English)
The registration for the examination implies the acceptance that the result of the examination is ultimate and no legal debate of the final decision is possible.
For more information about the exam, please contact:
Telephone: +41 44 205 55 33