Despite the availability of many effective treatments for asthma, patients'control of the condition is often suboptimal. Now in its third edition, Fast Facts: Asthma delivers a clear practical message - improved asthma control can be achieved through efficient commonsense delivery of asthma care.
This highly readable and well-illustrated book examines the essentials of good asthma care, distilled from the latest international guidelines and best available evidence. These include:
- accurate asthma diagnosis
- identification of risk factors and triggers
- objective assessment of airway inflammation and severity
- practical and convenient measurement of lung function
- effective delivery of inhaled medication
- the recommended stepwise approach to asthma treatment
- recognition and treatment of acute asthma attacks
- individualized management plans and patient education.
Stephen T Holgate, MRC Clinical Professor of Immunopharmacology, School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Jo Douglass, Head, Allergy, Asthma and Clinical, Immunology Service, Alfred hospital and Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pathophysiology; Epidemiology and natural history; Diagnosis and classification; Management; Acute asthma attacks; Exercise-induced asthma; Future trends.
To order these books and receive 10% discount please visit www.fastfacts.com and enter coupon code SP10 at checkout process.
Last updated 20 April 2015