EligibilityEAACI Junior Member and Affiliates (JMAs)
Available fellowship types1. Long-term Fellowships at EUR 20,000 each – 12 month period
2. Medium-term Fellowships at EUR 10,000 each – 6 month period
Long- and Medium-term Fellowships are intended to fund travel and living expenses for up to 6 or 12 months in a foreign European laboratory.
3. Short-term Fellowships at EUR 5,000 each
These fellowships intend to fund a 3 month research fellowships in a laboratory in another European country. Preference is given to specified acquirements of new techniques and establishment of collaborations.
Application procedureAll fellowship types use an online platform. You will be asked to complete some of the required information online and upload additional signed documents into the system.
Before starting the application process, please ensure you have the following information at hand:
- Your EAACI Membership Number (mandatory)
- Your host’s EAACI membership number (mandatory)
- Your home supervisor’s EAACI membership number (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae (1 A4 page maximum, for upload, mandatory)
- Publication list, only most relevant to your project
- Research project description (mandatory, entered in online system, 4 pages maximum). You may upload additional documents with figures, graphs or any other relevant project-related information.
- Home institution release form (mandatory, signed, for upload)
- Host acceptance form (mandatory, signed, for upload)
- Invitation letter with a short description of the schedule/programme for the planned visit of a fellow (mandatory, signed, for upload)
Note: During the submission period you can always log back in to edit your submission. Applications: from 1 October 2014 – 31 December 2014
Winners’ announcement: All applicants will receive a formal notification regarding their application by e-mail by the end of February. The formal announcement of the winners takes place in the EAACI Newsletter (May issue) and during the EAACI Annual Congress.
Fellowship’s schedule: All fellows will have one year after the formal announcement to complete their fellowship, depending on the centres/fellow availability.
Final Reports: At the end of the fellowship the candidate must submit a report describing the activities undertaken, as well as feedback/suggestions. A brief report of the candidate would also be made by the Research Centre.
Applications are now closed. Notifications will be sent to applicants in early March.
For more information, please contact:
Education, Specialty and Science Manager
Telephone: +41 44 205 55 35
Fax: +41 44 205 55 39