The aims of the Clinical Fellowships are to spread the medical specialty of Allergy and Clinical Immunology throughout Europe and to promote fellowships in allergy and clinical immunology in order to support highly skilled specialists in this field in Europe. The Fellowships are for EAACI members in training for allergy and clinical immunology early in their careers and are not intended for well-established specialists.
The duration of the Fellowship is 3 months.
EligibilityEAACI Junior Members (JMs) in training or recently specialised in allergy and clinical immunology.
GrantClinical Fellowships at EUR 3,000 each:
These fellowships intend to fund a 3 month clinical fellowship in a foreign European hospital. The sum of EUR 3,000 is intended to pay for accommodation and travel. Receipts for these expenses are required.
The Fellow’s salary would be covered by the hospital of origin.
Application procedureThe fellowship application uses an online platform. You are asked to complete some information online and upload additional signed documents into the system.
Before starting the application process, please ensure you have the following information at hand:
1. Your EAACI Membership Number (mandatory)
2. Your host’s EAACI membership number (mandatory)
3. Your home supervisor’s EAACI membership number (if applicable)
4. Motivation letter, specifying the host centre for application (mandatory, to be entered online)
5. Commitment statement assuming that the candidate will not apply to any other national/European grant for the fellowship (mandatory, to be entered online)
6. Curriculum vitae (mandatory, 1 A4 page maximum, for upload)
7. Letter of recommendation from your home supervisor (mandatory, signed, for upload)
8. Confirmation from host supervisor that they accept the terms (signed, for upload)
9. Short description of the schedule/programme for the planned visit of a fellow by your host supervisor
10. Confirmation from home supervisor that they accept the terms (signed, for upload)
11. You may upload additional documents with figures, graphs or any other relevant project-related information.
Note: During the submission period you can always log back in to edit your submission. Applications: 1 October 2015 to 31 December 2015
Winners’ announcement: All applicants receive a formal notification regarding their application by e-mail by the end of February. The formal announcement of the winners takes place in the EAACI Newsletter (May issue) and during the EAACI Annual Congress.
Fellowship’s schedule: All fellows have one year after the formal announcement to complete their fellowship, depending on the centres/fellow availability.
Final Reports: At the end of the fellowship the candidate must submit a report describing the activities undertaken, as well as feedback/suggestions. A brief report of the candidate should also be made by the centre.
For more information, please contact:
Education, Specialty and Science Manager
Telephone: +41 44 205 55 33
Fax: +41 44 205 55 39