The journal aim is to promote and maintain promotes communication between scientists engaged in basic research and clinicians working with children and publishes both clinical and experimental work, original contributions and comprehensive reviews related to the understanding and treatment of immune deficiency and allergic inflammatory and infectious diseases in children. Other areas of interest include development of specific and accessory immunity and the immunological interaction during pregnancy and lactation between mother and child.
The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) is seeking to appoint an Editor-in-Chief to succeed Prof. Ulrich Wahn who will be finishing his term as Editor of the journal at the end of December 2017.
The newly appointed Editor-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Allergy Journal and for ensuring that the editorial standards, policies and scope of Allergy are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of scientific content.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Physician with substantial scholarly contributions in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology able to demonstrate their impact with a considerable publication history.
- Extensive experience as a reviewer and/or editor for peer-reviewed journals, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- A strong commitment to EAACI’s mission and vision
- Excellent strategic planner with the ability to develop a clear vision for Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, keen to innovate and continuously develop the journal, while actively seeking the views of authors, readers, reviewers and editorial board members about ways of improving the journal’s processes
- Able to work and communicate in a timely manner with the editorial, production, and marketing teams as well as authors of manuscripts under consideration
- Willing to act as ambassador for the journal and for EAACI
PAI is currently supported by an Editorial Office run by the publisher and is further supported by an engaged and highly participatory team of Associate Editors and Editorial Board.
Term of appointmentThe term of office will be for four years, with an option for renewal for a further four years.
- Completed application form
- Full CV
- Letter of intent describing your interest in the post and explaining your editorial policy and vision for PAI
Please note that only complete applications with the EAACI application form will be accepted for consideration.
Closing date for applications
14th June 2017
Evaluations and start date
The EAACI leadership will evaluate the applications until June 16th, with a start date of the contract on January 2018.
Last updated 12 June 2017