The journals aim is to promote and maintain contact between basic and clinical allergy and immunology. Allergy is an international journal with contributors and readers in all countries and publishes original articles (basic, translational and clinical research), reviews, guidelines and position papers, and short communications (AllergyNet).
The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) is seeking to appoint two co-Editors-in-Chief to succeed Prof. Thomas Bieber and Prof. Hans-Uwe Simon, who will finishing their term as editors of the journal at the end of December 2017.
The newly appointed Editors-in-Chiefs will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Allergy Journal and for ensuring that the editorial standards, policies and scope of Allergy are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of scientific content.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Physicians and researchers with substantial scholarly contributions in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology able to demonstrate their impact with a considerable publication history.
- Extensive experience as a reviewer and/or editor for peer-reviewed journals, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- A strong commitment to EAACI’s mission and vision
- Excellent strategic planners with the ability to develop a clear vision for Allergy, keen to innovate and continuously develop the journal, while actively seeking the views of authors, readers, reviewers and editorial board members about ways of improving the journal’s processes
- Able to work and communicate in a timely manner with the editorial, production, and marketing teams as well as authors of manuscripts under consideration
- Willing to act as ambassadors for the journal and for EAACI
Allergy is currently supported by an Editorial Office run by the publisher and is further supported by an engaged and highly participatory team of Associate Editors and Editorial Board.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for four years, with an option for renewal for a further four years.
- Completed application form
- Full CV
- Letter of intent describing your interest in the post and explaining your editorial policy and vision for Allergy
Please note that only complete applications with the EAACI application form will be accepted for consideration.
Closing date for applications
4th September 2017
Evaluations and start date
The EAACI leadership will evaluate the applications until October 13th, with a start date of the contract on January 2018.
Last updated 24 July 2017