“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen and a push in the right direction”
John C Crosby
THE AIM/VISION OF THE EAACI JM MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME (MP)
EAACI Junior Members Mentorship Programme (MP) aims to promote ongoing educational and professional opportunities for young scientists and enhancing the JMs capacity as a professional. The MP is expected to improve the knowledge transfer from experienced professionals to juniors, as well as increasing the JMs' appreciation of, and orientation within, the field.
- To improve professional skills and career development through the networking of EAACI Junior Members (JMs) with experienced professionals within the EAACI community.
- To create a platform for JMs to communicate with EAACI experienced professionals, receive answers/feedback to their questions or comments, obtain assistance in achieving their goals and initiate possible scientific collaborations.
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE EAACI JM MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME:
- Unlike other mentoring programs (within an institute), the EAACI JM Mentoring Programme is international and primarily conducted online for 2 years.
- Mentoring is a partnership between a Mentor (experienced EACCI professional) and a Mentee (EAACI JM), working in similar fields.
- Mentoring is the questioning, challenging, guidance and encouragement to help a Mentee manage his/her own learning in order to develop skills and become the professional he/she wants to be. It provides the opportunity for a Mentee to become more self-aware and to take control of his/her own development and career direction.
RELATED RESOURCES FOR THE 2016 ROUND OF THE MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME:
The JM Working Group would like to congratulate the following applicants on being awarded a Mentorship Programme Award for 2015 and wish them productive and fruitful visits:
MENTEES AWARDED WITH A MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME AWARD 2015:
REPORTS ON THE VISIT OF THE AWARDED MENTEES TO THEIR MENTOR'S WORKPLACE
Last updated: 17 January 2017