The JM Assembly (JMA) Board should work for the developments within the EAACI with special interest for JMs, and with emphasis on getting JMs involved in as many aspects as possible in the EAACI. It will provide information to JMs regarding activities and developments mainly through our JM Website and e-mails.
The JMA Board should function as a link between the EAACI -JMs and the EAACI Executive Committee by bringing to the committee's attention ideas and requests coming from JMs, as well as informing the JMs of important decisions taken in the Executive Committee.
The main forum for meeting and discussing among JMs is the yearly JM Business Meeting held at the occasion of the EAACI Congress, where the JM Working group should give a full report of activities.
The JM Working group is responsible for the organization of JM activities at the EAACI yearly congresses, such as the JM Poster Session and the JM Scientific Symposium.
The JM Working group is also responsible for developing contacts with similar groups in other organisations, such as the Fellows in Training (FIT) in the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI), the Early Career Members (ECM) in the European Respiratory Society (ERS), and the Junior Members (JM) in the European Rhinologic Society (ERhS).
- JM Chair (who is also member of the Ex Com)
- JM Secretary
- JM Representative in each EAACI section and interest group
- The JM past chair continues to be part of the JMA Board in order to contribute with experience and contacts.
- The JMA Board is elected every 2 years, following the periodicity of the Executive Committee.
- All positions are open for election for any JM given that the person is graduated MD or BSc and aged 35 years or less at the time of election, is a member of the section/interest group to which he/she is applying and is prepared and able to come to the EAACI Annual Congress and other JM meetings.
- The same post can be held for a maximum of 2 periods (4 years).
- The JM Chair must have held one of the other positions in the JMA Board for at least one period before being elected by the JMA Board.
Apart from the members of the group, all JMs are welcomed and encouraged to work together with the JMA Board on different projects.
Last updated: 21 February 2018