- act as a communication platform across Europe for all those interested in allergy management in primary care and to signpost and ultimately develop educational resources to meet those needs, commencing with a Primary Care Allergy School to be held in Mallorca Oct/Nov 2014.
- Coordinate activities that will support primary care professionals, reflect their needs and showcase good examples of service innovation and delivery, with the ultimate aim of improving quality and access to care.
- Facilitate dialogue between allergy specialists and primary care clinicians concerning allergy management.
- Inform and comment on allergy related guidelines from the primary care perspective.
- Advertising the PCIG to increase awareness amongst specialist colleagues and to attract new members from the primary care community.
To liaise with other primary care organizations (e.g. WONCA, IPCRG) and collaborate on areas of synergy.
This is the beginning of a new journey, to improve collaboration between primary and secondary care clinicians, improving the delivery of care for patients with allergy in the community providing a better experience of care.
During the EAACI-WAO Congress 2013 in Milan Primary Care Interest Group held its first business meeting, where the 2013-2015 board were elected.
Being a member of EAACI and specifically of the Primary Care Interest Group has many benefits, such as access to ALLERGY (European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) and PAI (Pediatric Allergy and Immunology) Journals, access to a broad range of education al material, discount on registration fees to EAACI Congresses, Focused Meetings, Allergy Schools, Master Classes, the EAACI/UEMS Knowledge Examination and much more.
Membership is FREE for individuals aged 35 or under.
Last updated 22 March 2016