In order to allow EAACI to influence and keep updated information on matters related to allergy and clinical immunology, it has been decided to create “Interest Groups”. An Interest Group represents an area of general interest within allergology that is not well covered by any one of the EAACI Sections.
You may be interested in participating in our EAACI multicenter study EADOAS, that is about to start. EADOAS means “The effect of antihypertensive drugs on severity of anaphylaxis and side –effects during venom immunotherapy”. A sufficiently powered study on the effect of antihypertensive drugs is urgently needed. This will be the first well planned study on this topic. We plan to enroll 1319 patients, which is a lot, and we therefore would be happy, if you can join the study group. Please feel free to inform other interested centers. If you would like to join, you should be able to: - Include at least 30 patients. Most of them should get VIT, and 25-30% should take beta blockers and/or ACE inhibitors during VIT
- To obtain approval of your local ethical review board
- To create an informed consent form in your language based on the protocol and according to your local policies (German is available)
- To perform standard diagnostic procedures to diagnose hymenoptera venom allergy and to perform VIT.
- To store at least 2ml serum per patient at -20°C for further analysis (shipment costs will be covered)
- To provide personal resources to enroll patients in the study and to complete paper and e-CRFs
The cross-cultural validation of the Vespid Quality of Life Questionnaire (VQLQ) is about to start.
Thank you very much
Last updated 25 November 2014