JMA Working Group Procedures
AimsThe working group should work for the developments within the EAACI with special interest for JMAs, and with emphasis on getting JMAs involved in as many aspects as possible in the EAACI. It will provide information to JMAs regarding activities and developments mainly through our JMA Website and e-mails.
The JMA Working group should function as a link between the EAACI -JMAs and the EAACI Executive Committee by bringing to the committee's attention ideas and requests coming from JMAs, as well as informing the JMAs of important decisions taken in the Executive Committee.
The main forum for meeting and discussing among JMAs is the yearly JMA Business Meeting held at the occasion of the EAACI Congress, where the JMA Working group should give a full report of activities.
The JMA Working group is responsible for the organisation of JMA activities at the EAACI yearly congresses, such as the JMA Poster Session and the JMA Scientific Symposium.
The JMA Working group is also responsible for developing contacts with similar groups in other organisations, such as the FIT in the AAAAI.
- JMA Chairperson (who is also member of the Ex Com)
- JMA Webmaster
- JMA Representative in each EAACI sections and interest groups
- The JMA past chairperson continues to be part of the WG for one year after leaving the post in order to contribute with experience and contacts.
- The Working group is elected every 2 years, following the periodicity of the Executive Committee.
- Available posts are open for re-election for any JMA given that the person is graduated MD or BSc and aged 35 years or less at the time of election, is an inhabitant of a European country, is a member of the section/interest group to which he/she is applying and is prepared and able to come to the EAACI Annual Congress and other JMA meetings.
- The same post can be held for a maximum of 2 periods (4 years).
- The JMA Chairperson must have held one of the other positions in the Working group for at least one period before being elected by the JMA Working group.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a short description of their work intentions in the group to the before the given deadline. The working group will select up to 3 candidates/post based on keeping a well balanced group (gender, nationality etc.) The list will be presented, together with the candidates CV and summary, on the JMA Website and voting will be made online. The voting is open to all JMAs of the EAACI. The new JMA Working group starts after the results of the election have been presented at the JMA Business Meeting.
Apart from the members of the group, all JMAs are welcomed and encouraged to work together with the JMA Working group on different projects.