Nikolaos Gkavogiannakis MD, PhD student
University Allergy Unit “D.Kalogeromitros”
2nd Dpt of Dermatology and Venereology
Medical School at National University of Athens
1 RIMINI str
Current professional activity:
1) PhD Research Fellow, 2nd Department of Cardiology, Medical School at National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
2) Resident in Allergology and Clinical Immunology, University Allergy Unit, 2nd Dpt of Dermatology and Venereology,
Medical School at National University of Athens.
Previous professional activities:
· Apr 2014-Jun 2014: Good Clinical Practice and Regulatory for Clinical Trials (by Cambridge University Hospitals NHS),
· Jul 2013: Expert Level in statistical processing of medical data and methodology of medical research, Athens, Greece
· Jun 2013: Core Level for ECDL, Athens, Greece
· Sep 2010 - Sep 2012: Senior House Officer in Internal Medicine, First Internal Medicine Clinic of the 401 Military General
Hospital of Athens, Greece
I have been a JM of EAACI since 2013 and I have actively participated in EAACI congresses and meetings. My main benefit was based on the fact that EAACI supplies all the necessary circumstances for young scientists to acquire knowledge, to meet other JMs and prominent Allergy Seniors and to open their minds to the interactions coming from an outstanding Scientific Community. Aerobiology is a branch of biology that studies organic particles, such as bacteria, fungal spores, very small insects, pollen grains and viruses, which are passively transported by the air and pollutants can cross international borders and therefore international regulations are needed for their control. I will hopefully to facilitate collaboration, research, education, information, technical development and practical application in the field of aerobiology and pollution and encourage collaboration with other interest groups.