Institute of Molecular Biology of Armenian National Academy of Sciences
7 Hasratyan St.,
0014, Yerevan, RA
2008: Institute of Molecular Biology, Armenian National Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, PhD student
2006 - 2008: Master’s Program, Yerevan State University (Faculty of Biology, Department of Biochemistry), Student
2002 - 2006: Bachelor’s Program, Yerevan State University (Faculty of Biology, Department of Biochemistry), Student
2007: Institute of Molecular Biology, Armenian National Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, Junior scientific staff
2006 – 2007: Institute of Molecular Biology, Armenian National Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, Research Assistant
2005 - 2006: Institute of Molecular Biology, Armenian National Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, Student-Investigator
· Main fields: Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular and Cellular Biology
· Current research activities: investigation of the molecular pathomechanisms of generation and development of immune system dysfunction leading to inflammation and neuroinflammation. The research performed mainly includes human studies in patients with immune system dysfunction associated diseases, including Posttraumatic Stress disorder, Familial Mediterranean fever, Diabetes Mellitus and Stroke. The practical outcome of these studies is: 1. identification of vital immunochemical and biochemical markers (immune complexes, cryoglobulins, cytokines and complement system) of pre-diseased and diseased conditions, disease progression and outcome; 2. design of the therapeutic approach based upon application of immunomodulators, which are able to interact with immune system mediators and affect the immune response at multiple levels.
· 2009 Management development program on operation, maintenance and repair of analytical equipments, Sponsored by the Ministry of External Affairs, Gov. of India under ITEC Programme, 11 March-05 May, 2009.
· 2008 Best PhD student award, Institute of Molecular Biology, Armenian National Academy of Sciences, 25 December, 2008, Yerevan, Armenia
· Travel grant for participating at “XXVII Congress of the European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology”, 7-11 June, 2008, Barcelona, Spain.
· 2008 Travel grant for participating at “6th EAACI GA2LEN Davos Meeting/Basic Immunology Research in Skin Allergy and Immunotherapy”, 31 January-3 February, 2008, Pichl/Schladming, Austria.
· Travel grant for participating at “5th General Meeting of the International Proteolysis Society”, 20-24 October, 2007, Patras, Greece.
Armenian – native
English – fluent
Russian – fluent
Persian – good
Additional Professional And Community Activities & Memberships
· European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI; www.eaaci.net ) – JMA Representative of Dermatology section
· Ethical Committee of the Institute of Molecular Biology of NAS RA – Member
· International Proteolysis Society (IPS; www.protease.org) – In training member
· Armenian Association of Biochemists associate member of the Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS; www.febs.org) – Member
· World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (WFSBP; www.wfsbp.org) – Member
· Young Scientists Council of Institute of Molecular Biology of Armenian National Academy of Sciences (www.molbiol.sci.am) – Member
· BioEcoMed NGO (www.bioecomed.am) – Member
· Date of birth: 26 April 1985
· Place of birth: Talin, Armenia
· Marital status: single
· Number of papers in refereed journals: 9