The abstract submission is now closed.Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their abstract by September 15th.
· Submission procedure: Abstracts can only be submitted though the online system connected with the PAAM 2017 website. Please see above for instructions on the use of the online system.
· Deadline: The deadline for abstract submission is 21 August 2017.
· Submission confirmation: Submission of abstracts is confirmed by the online system. Please see above instructions on the use of the online system.
· Language: Abstracts must be written and presented in English.
· Abstract title: The file submitted should include the abstract title. Title should be in bold, sentence case with no full stop at the end.
· Authors: Authors must be listed in both the online system and the actual text submitted, in their proper order. Names are to be mentioned in full: first name, middle initials if required, and family name, no full stop at the end. A comma should separate author names.
Where authors are from a number of different institutions, the appropriate institution number from the affiliation list should be given as a superscript number immediately after each author’s name (e.g. John Smith1, Susan Jones1, Bill Fischer2).
If authors are presenting an abstract on behalf of a study group, this information should not appear in the Authors section, but rather in the Acknowledgements section.
The first author will be considered as the presenting author and will be so highlighted in any future publication, unless otherwise stated during abstract submission; you may highlight another author as the presenting, by underlining the respective name in the authors list.
· Affiliations: Affiliations should include department, institute, town and country. Full addresses will be deleted. Where there are multiple affiliations, each should be listed as a separate paragraph. Each affiliation should appear in the order used against author names and show the appropriate superscript number.
1Department, University, Town, Country
2Clinic, Hospital, Town, Country
· Format: Abstract content should be in accordance with the structure advised below:
For Case reports:
- Clinical Relevance
- Statement of Consent (for presentation and publication)
· Word count: The main abstract text (i.e. not including title, authors and affiliations) should not be more than 400 words.
· Tables: Tables should be numbered (e.g. Table 1) with an optional title and legend, and should be included in the abstract text where they are to appear. Tables must be cited in the text.
· Figures: Figures and illustrations should be numbered (e.g. Figure 1) with an optional title and legend, and should be included in the abstract text where they are to appear. The legend should be part of the abstract text and not embedded in the figure. Figures must be cited in the text.
Resolution should be a minimum of 300 dpi, to ensure proper publication. Each figure should be inserted in the abstract text as a single, composite file; parts must not be separate graphical units. Embedded hyperlinks will not be included in the publication, so please refrain from their use.
· Acknowledgements: Brief acknowledgements may be included and should be placed after the Conclusion and before the References section.
· References: All references should be cited consecutively in the text, using numbers in square brackets. Only papers that have been published or are in press or are available through public e-print/preprint servers should be included in the reference list.
The reference list should be laid out in Vancouver style and preceded by the relevant reference number.
· Statement of Consent: Abstracts containing details relating to individual participants, written informed consent for publication must be obtained the participants and a statement to this effect should appear at the end of the abstract.
· Disclaimer: It is the authors’ responsibility to submit their abstract in accordance to the above guidelines. Any typing, grammar, syntax or scientific fact will be published as submitted, if the abstract is accepted.
· Co-authorship: The presenting author of an abstract can be co-author of an unlimited number of abstracts. Three (3) is the maximum number of abstracts that can be presented by the same author.
· Corresponding author: The submitting author will be considered as the corresponding author of the abstract. The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors on its status and presentation/publication details.
· Authors’ notification: All abstracts submitted according to the above guidelines will be evaluated by the Meeting Scientific Committee. The results of the evaluation procedure (acceptance/rejection and presentation type) will be announced to corresponding authors by email until 9 June 2017.
· Late breaking abstracts: Late-breaking abstract submission will be made available until 21 August 2017. Authors’ notification for late-breaking abstract submissions will take place by email until 15 September 2017.
· Abstract publication: Abstracts presented during the PAAM 2017 will be published in the Clinical and Translational Allergy (CTA) journal. By submitting an abstract to the PAAM 2017, authors are considered to have consented to the publication of their abstract, should it be accepted for presentation.
The corresponding author’s email will be included in this publication. Authors are advised to state any conflict they may have to the publication of their abstract or statement of their contact email during submission.
Publication will be online, in a supplement of the CTA journal, and will be completed within six (6) months after the Meeting. Abstracts withdrawn or not presented during the PAAM 2017 will be retracted from publication.
· Duplicate submission/publication: Abstracts will be considered for presentation only if they are not published or submitted for presentation elsewhere. Abstracts already presented in other meetings or published in journals will be retracted from presentation during the PAAM 2017 and publication of the Meeting’s proceedings.
· Authors’ registration: For final acceptance and entry of an abstract to the scientific program, the presenting author must have registered within the deadline advised and paid the respective fee in full. Day registration fees are not applicable for abstract presenters.
Authors registration deadline (applicable for both early and late abstract submission): 31 July 2017.
The presenting author’s registration fee is refundable, should the abstract not be accepted for presentation by the Scientific Committee, provided the Organizing Secretariat is duly notified within a ten (10) day period from announcement of the results. No refund will be granted in case of cancellation by the authors.
Abstract AwardsAll abstract presenters will be considered for the PAAM 2017 Abstract Awards. Evaluation for these awards will take place during the respective abstract sessions of the PAAM 2017. Winners will be announced during the Closing Ceremony. All awardees will be acknowledged on the Meeting website.
Abstract Awards will be awarded to the presenting author of the respective abstracts.
Travel GrantsAll abstracts will be considered for a travel grant. For details please refer to the TRAVEL GRANTS section of the website.