“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen and a push in the right direction”
John C Crosby
THE AIM/VISION OF THE EAACI JM MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME (MP)
EAACI Junior Members Mentorship Programme (MP) aims to promote ongoing educational and professional opportunities for young scientists and enhancing the JMs capacity as a professional. The MP is expected to improve the knowledge transfer from experienced professionals to juniors, as well as increasing the JMs' appreciation of, and orientation within, the field.
- To improve professional skills and career development through the networking of EAACI Junior Members (JMs) with experienced professionals within the EAACI community.
- To create a platform for JMs to communicate with EAACI experienced professionals, receive answers/feedback to their questions or comments, obtain assistance in achieving their goals and initiate possible scientific collaborations.
- To help establishing scientific collaborations between the mentor and the mentee
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE EAACI JM MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME
- Unlike other mentoring programs (within an institute), the EAACI JM Mentoring Programme is international and primarily conducted online for 2 years.
- Mentoring is a partnership between a Mentor (experienced EAACI professional) and a Mentee (EAACI JM), working in similar fields.
- Mentoring is the questioning, challenging, guidance and encouragement to help a Mentee manage his/her own learning in order to develop skills and become the professional he/she wants to be. It provides the opportunity for a Mentee to become more self-aware and to take control of his/her own development and career direction.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE GOALS AND FUNCTIONING OF THE EAACI JM MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME
Click here to view the "2018 EAACI JM Mentorship Programme"
Click here to view the list of mentor-mentee pairs of the 2018 round of the MP
Last updated: 07 May 2018