The reasons for this steady increase are unclear. The Interest Group Aerobiology and Air Pollution of the EAACI (European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) organised a workshop on Wednesday, 21 March 2012, to inform stakeholders about the ongoing and future developments in allergy research in Europe to increase the public awareness for this ongoing epidemic.
This workshop gave up-to-date information about:
1. Current status of allergic diseases in Europe
2. Drivers of this allergic epidemic, including neophytes like Ambrosia artimisiifolia
3. Ongoing EU-funded projects on allergic diseases, like HIALINE
4. Highlight novel developments
5. Identify scientific areas that need additional EU-attention
6. Round table public discussion
Renowned speakers, researchers and opinion leaders in the investigation of allergic diseases took part in this meeting.
Participants: EU-Members of Parliament, EU-scientific officers, journalists, representatives of patient organisations and other interested stakeholders
On behalf of the Organising Committee,
Prof. Dr. J. Buters
Secretary of the Interest Group Aerobiology and Air Pollution
Last updated 23 July 2014