11th EAACI/UEMS Examination in Allergology and Clinical Immunology
EAACI Congress, Munich.
Application will open in 2018.
Scope of the EAACI examination:
Following the initiative of UEMS to standardise the training curriculum of allergologists/clinical immunologists in Europe (Allergy 59:579-588, 2004), the EAACI Knowledge Examination aims to further improve the standards of our specialty by providing a European examination in Allergology and Clinical Immunology.
Such an examination:
- Helps to harmonise the educational level of Allergology and Clinical Immunology throughout Europe
- Gives an input for the standardisation of the professional examinations for specialisation in Allergology and Clinical Immunology among European national societies
- Helps small membership societies in the provision of a regular written examination at a constant high international level
- Identifies those colleagues able to fulfil the standards of knowledge for a continuous professional development
Admission to the examination:
The EAACI examination is open to members of EAACI and for non members.
Click here to become a member as you will save substantial costs.
Mode of examination:
The examination consists of a knowledge test with 100 multiple-choice questions. It comprises questions in Allergology (70%) and basic/ clinical Immunology (30%), all in English. The questions are carefully formulated and reviewed by an international board of experts in Allergology and Clinical Immunology, together with a specialised, professional institution (institute for medical teaching, IML, Bern, www.iml.unibe.ch), which also supervises the evaluation of the examination.
A minor part of the exam is designed using so-called Sript Concordance Test (SCT) questions.
The background of required knowledge is based on the currently existing modern textbooks, preferably but not exclusively in English. Furthermore, a list of recent publications related to the possible questions is provided. The examination does not contain a practical section.
Costs of the examination:
It is EAACI’s intention to make the Exam as accessible as possible for all candidates. For this reason EAACI has been able to reduce the exam fee. Please find the table of exam fees below.
In addition, UEMS have agreed to support eligible candidates with a further reduction. Applications can be submitted together with the regular exam application. In order to be eligible for UEMS support, the following criteria have to be fulfilled:
The candidate for UEMS support should
- Be in training to become a medical specialist / or recently have been accredited as specialist (< 5 year)
- intend to work as allergist (not necessarily from a country where an official allergy speciality exists)
- adhere to the core curriculum in their training programme
- be willing to attend the UEMS Section & Board meeting at the annual Congress, taking place after the exam, to give a short insight into their future plans.
||With approved UEMS support
Evaluation of the EAACI examination:
The examination is evaluated by IML (Institute for Medical Teaching, IML, Bern, Switzerland) Information about the achieved points is provided within 4 weeks after the exam. A certificate is provided if the examination is passed successfully.
Prepare for the exam
Literature: When you are preparing for your exam we recommend a range of literature, please see exam resources.
Self-assessment: You can practice with the online self-assessment module. This represents a shorter version of how the exam is structured. Please register for the self-assessment tool, select the EAACI-UEMS Exam and start practicing.
The registration for the examination implies the acceptance that the result of the examination is ultimate and no legal debate of the final decision is possible.
Application for 11th EAACI/UEMS Knowledge Examination will open in 2018.
For more information about the exam, please contact:
Telephone: +41 44 205 55 33
Last updated 19 October 2017