"Basic Immunology Research in Allergy and Clinical Immunology"
26 – 29 January 2017, Sierra Nevada, Spain
Organised by the EAACI Immunology Section
The 15th Immunology Winter School on Basic Immunology Research in Allergy and Clinical Immunology will take place in Sierra Nevada from 26 – 29 January 2017.
This meeting has high scientific standards and is aimed at young scientists who are active in the fields of allergy and clinical immunology. Participation is by invitation only, on acceptance of your submitted abstract.
Set in the spectacular setting of the Sierra Nevada, the meeting will follow previous Winter School structures, combining academic scientific discussions with winter sports.
The goal of this meeting is to cover allergy and asthma related basic immunological concepts together with 70 selected young scientists in a friendly scientific environment. In addition, there will be free time for relaxation and to explore the alpine area between the morning and afternoon sessions.
The well-established structure of the programme includes six keynote lectures, each of them followed by thematically grouped oral presentations by participants, selected according to their submitted abstracts. Furthermore, two poster sessions are planned.
Seventy participants will be selected based on the scientific quality of their submitted abstracts. These participants will be invited to register for the Winter School and to present their work either as an oral presentation or as a poster.
Click below to access the scientific programme:
Keynote speakers at the Sierra Nevada Winter School are:
- John Bienenstock, Canada
- Judith Allen, United Kingdom
- Clare Lloyd, United Kingdom
- Debby Bogaert, United Kingdom
- Rudi W. Hendriks, The Netherlands
- Gunnar Nilsson, Sweden
Topics covered will include:
- Gut-brain axis and immunoregulation
- Type 2 cytokines, macrophages and tissue repair
- Immune mechanisms in asthma
- Immune-bacterial-viral interactions in the respiratory tract
- Innate lymphoid cells and allergy
- Mast cells in inflammatory responses
This meeting is intended for pre- and postdoctoral scientists and junior members of EAACI who are actively involved in basic immunology research in the field of allergy, asthma and clinical immunology.
An application will be made to the UEMS-EACCME® for CME accreditation of this meeting. Further information will be available at a later stage.
Registration for EAACI members
- Registration is only available for successful abstract submitters. 70 accepted abstract submitters will be invited to register.
- Registration and accommodation will be covered by EAACI. Accommodation is provided at the Melià Sierra Nevada in Sierra Nevada in a shared twin room (3 nights) with breakfast and dinner. This hotel will also be the meeting venue.
- Travel costs have to be covered by the participant.
- A limited number of travel grants will be available and all participants will automatically be taken into consideration. A separate application is not required.
- Please note that your EAACI membership must be fully paid-up.
The registration fee for non-members is EUR 300.
Rules for Abstract Submission
The abstract submission is open until 15 October 2016 at 24:00 CET.
Only one abstract per applicant can be submitted.
Applicants should submit novel abstracts. No replication of previous Winter School abstracts (whole or in part) will be accepted.
You will be informed by email in early November 2016 whether or not your abstract has been accepted.
If your abstract has been accepted, you must confirm your participation at this meeting before 16 December 2016 by registering online. You will receive a registration link together with the abstract notification.
Please be aware that if you don’t register by 16 December 2016, your place will be given to another participant.
Melià Sierra Nevada
Plaza de Pradollano, Granada, Sierra Nevada, 18196 Spain
Tel. +34 958 480400
EAACI Immunology Section Chairperson
EAACI Immunology Section Secretary
For more information on scientific and logistical aspects, please contact:
Tel: +41 44 205 55 33
Last updated 22 September 2016