To talk about food hypersensitivity it is a requirement that the symptoms:
- appear when you eat the food you do not tolerate
- disappear or diminish when you avoid the food you do not tolerate, and
- reappear when you reintroduce the food you do not tolerate.
Nomenclatures for Allergy
The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical immunology has defined allergic disease. This is described in the paper by:
* Johansson et al. 2001. A revised nomenclature for allergy. An EAACI position statement from the EAACI nomenclature task force (Allergy, 56:813-24) and in
* Johansson SGO et al. (2004). Revised nomenclature for allergy for global use: Report of the Nomenclature Review Committee of the World Allergy Organization, October 2003. (J Allergy Clin Immunol 113 (5), 832-836).